1. Sight Words: come, here, teacher, his
Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" to find different activities to do with the sight words.
2. Word Families: -ack, -eck, -ick, -ock, -uck
Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" to find out how to practice the word families.
3. Reading: at least 20 minutes
- On your child's reading calendar, log the number of minutes your child read and/or the number of minutes you read to your child. Return this calendar to school each day.
- At least 10 minutes in a book, and no more than 10 minutes on Raz Reading.
4. Writing Journal:
- Have your child write at least 2 complete sentences in their take home writing journal. Return this writing journal to school each day.
- Writing instructions are on the inside front cover of the journal. Please review and practice these.
- Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" for journal topic ideas.
5. IXL: E.1 Subtracting 0 and S.12 Months of the year
- Your child can complete the assignments anytime between today and Saturday night.
- See "Homework Clarifications" for more info on IXL assignments
* Continue reading, writing, and practicing math facts with your child. Your help at home is vital to their success!
* Next week is Red Ribbon Week, an awareness about being healthy and drug/substance free. The PTA has planned great activities for each day. Please see the flyer that was sent home with your child.
* Red Ribbon activities will be posted next week in the homework post. As a heads up, Monday is Team Spirit Day- have your child wear their favorite team shirt to sport spirit.
* Halloween is next Friday, October 31st. Your child is welcome to wear their costume to school. A school-wide costume parade for parents and students will be held at 9:45 a.m. Your child MAY NOT wear a mask that covers their face (paint is fine) or bring any weapons (real or toy). Thank you!