1. Sight Words: now, me, there, has
Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" to find different activities to do with the sight words.
2. Word Families: -ain, -ail
Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" to find out how to practice the word families.
3. Reading: at least 20 minutes
- On your child's reading calendar, log the number of minutes your child read and/or the number of minutes you read to your child. Return this calendar to school each day.
- At least 10 minutes in a book, and no more than 10 minutes on Raz Reading.
4. Writing Journal:
- Have your child write at least 2 complete sentences in their take home writing journal. Return this writing journal to school each day.
- Writing instructions are on the inside front cover of the journal. Please review and practice these.
- Refer to the link on the left under "Homework" for journal topic ideas.
5. IXL: K.1 Identify 2D shapes & K.5 Count sides and vertices
- Your child can complete the assignments anytime between today and Saturday night.
- See "Homework Clarifications" for more info on IXL assignments
* Report Cards will be sent home this week with your child. Look for a white envelope. Scores for standards taught and tested are given a 4,3,2,1 (these ARE NOT equivalent to A,B,C,D). These number scores show mastery. See your teacher for any questions.
* With colder weather upon us, please send your child in appropriate clothes (coat, hat, gloves, etc.). School policy is that children play outside in 20 degree or higher weather and in good conditions (i.e.: not pouring rain or massive ice patches). Please be mindful of their attire.
* Thanksgiving Break is next week, Wed 26th - Fri 28th.